JavaScript is disabled. Thanks. I out some ether in the carb and it started (new starter and battery). I'd appreciate any help you can provide. The ground wire and positive wire (on the sending unit)are both hooked up. It is only $25 per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the forum. Double check to make sure the fuel pump arm is under the cam lobe when to put it in. Nothing obvious. I tried to test the old and new fuel pump after removing them and running a rubber line from the IN port to a bowl of water and manually operating the pump actuator. 73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks » Engine/Drivetrain » 1974 C10, 350 v8, No fuel to carb « previous next » Print Pages: [1] Go Down Author Topic: 1974 C10, 350 v8, No fuel to carb … Does fuel go through the "cannister thing" ? I tried to test the old and new fuel pumps after removing them, running a rubber line from the IN port to a bowl of water and manually operating the pump actuator. I'm working on a 74 c10 with a stock 350. No fuel from injectors to start truck. SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal. Then, take the fuel line off at the carb, put end of line in a container of some sort and crank. Before the conversion was done motor ran fine, with the exception of the TBI and sensors. You need to check for volume, not pressure so if nothing is flowing there is no point in going down that road. Performer Olds 350 Intake Manifold for 307-330-350 … replaced fuel … Starts and runs when pour fuel into tb, then quits when runs out of that fuel. The small connector is marked in but thats not the case. Since 1938, Edelbrock has manufactured its core products in the USA for quality and performance. Checked gas line around pump back to firewall, then crawled underneath and followed gas line back to tank. Bottom Line: What’s the Best Holley Carb for Chevy 350? No fuel to carb chevy 350 in a 1986 gran prix ? I poured a little fuel in the carb a couple of times,  it started and it ran for a few seconds. please any help could the lobe on the cam be wore or maybe the fuel rod or something else? Read all about this Chevy 350 small block as we convert it to a throttle body injection from a carburetor. Pulled the fuel line connected to carb, bumped the engine, still no fuel. Still no gas to filter/carb. Here is the perfect fuel line set-up for your Holley Street Avenger 670CFM Carburetor on top of a Small Block Chevy 350 engine! Today he went to take it for a ride and it started but ran rough for a few seconds. The trip back from the race … Have replaced spark plugs, had starter and battery tested. Wondering what the best Edelbrock carb for Chevy 350 is? Will a gauge measure air pressure or does there have to be gas flowing to measure pressure? Get the best deals for chevy 350 4 barrel carburetor at eBay.com. IF I get into it too hard the spark breaks up real bad. try putting a hose in a gas can and see if the fuel pump picks it up. Im with you on this problem too. This truck won't start until fuel is dumped into the throttle body. I have an old 94’ 3500 Chevy dump truck that i am slowly putting together. truck starts up then when gets warm stalls and won't restart unless I prime TB, then it won't stay running unless I have foot on gas. Howdy, im going to be modding my 80Z with a 350 small block for some more power while trying to make it more fuel efficient. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! I think I'll get another pump and try it. I think I'll get another pump and try it. I've done the following related to fuel: 1. I'm having lack of fuel to carb problems. A forum community dedicated to all General Motors truck owners and enthusiasts. I installed another pump (#2) today. To become a Site Supporter, go to Your Profile and select "Paid Subscriptions. Siphoned some gas out of the fuel  line before the pump, so its not clogged. 1973 Chevy Cheyenne, V8, 85,000 miles, 4x4, manual transmission, 1979 Quadrajet carb 4bbl, Edelbrock valve covers and manifold (the large cover under the carb, which I can't remember the name of). The manual choke 4 barrel is not getting any fuel though. I figured the problem out. Could mean an electric pump  is a solution I'll need to pursue. So, there you are-we’ve evaluated three of the best carburetor models belonging to the Holley stable. ive never had a problem like this i can pour gas in carb and it runs good till i stop so suggestions???? '67 - '69 350/295hp & 327/275hp, 4-Barrel, 3/8 - Fuel Pump to Carb. Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! OEM steel fuel pump-to-carb line with brass fittings paired with an adapter for dual feed center hung float bowl Holleys make this the best alternative to rubber lines. Fuel lines are not clogged, tried two different fuel pumps, the rod moves in and out on the lobe, and there is no fuel filter between the tank and the pump on my truck to get plugged. There were no hiccups, we didn’t have to fight the carb to do its job, and that was with 26 psi of boost going through the carb—seriously. The Right Stuff Detailing TPC8101 '81 - '87 350 w/Quadrajet Fuel Pump To Carb Line 3.6 out of 5 stars 3 $18.50 Only 11 left in stock - order soon. However, you can use the table below as a basic guideline. If you figure it out please keep me informed. no fuel to throttle body - 89 Chevy 1500 cranks over fine, won't start. ", Login with username, password and session length. If you have a Chevy 350, then consider investing in a good carburetor.It’s a great investment. I'm having lack of fuel to carb problems. No fuel is getting up to the carburetor. it is possible to put it on the top, then it will not work at all. ? You can opt for the first model (Holley 2300 350 CFM) if you’re looking for fuel economy. It needs to be installed on the engine, pushrod in place. Only at www.customclassictrucks.com, the official website for … Then the truck will continue to run until you shot if off. Neither pump "pumped"  water out. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Yes it is the second fuel pumo i tried it with and still it isn't pumping gas. Here is a very nice Original OEM 1967 Chevy Camaro Corvette, V8 327 350, 4-Barrel Carburetor, Rochester Quadrajet 7037218-BD, 0081.Very good condition, everything moves freely and carb is clean, comes with the All Classified forums require a Site Supporter subscription. Adjusting the carb on my Chevy 350 - I have a 78 k10 4x4 with a 350. It was running all winter for plowing at our house. The straps that hold the gas tank broke so I tied it with wire for temp fix. It is a no fuel during cranking problem. Make sure the hoses on top of the tank aren't kinked or collapsed. have you tried taken the fuel pump.connect a hose to it. If no spray, then work backwards to the tank. They became loose and the truck did not seem like it was getting fuel. The canister thing is called the charcoal canister or vapor canister and unless someone incorrectly routed your lines it does not sound like it is your issue. When outside temp. Neither pump "pumped"  water out. All are good. You cannot manually pump it nearly fast enough for it to provide any type of valid test. So I retied tight but it would not start. The fuel pump worked fine when the inlet hose went directly to a can of gas as a temp setup. 1993 chevy k1500 350/5.7 TBI. This is because it required more fuel … New mechanical fuel pump.New fuel filter. Yet, some owners considered the use of Chevy 350 as costly. but i will be driving it a lot. Then it died out. 2 Barrel Carburetor Carb for Chevrolet Chevy Engines 5.7L 350 1970-1980 6.6L 400 1970-1975 Replaces 17054616 $110.00 $ 110. Maybe I can borrow a pressure gauge. Come join the discussion about performance, lift kits, wheels, tires, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! '67 - '69 350/295hp & 327/275hp, 4-Barrel, 3/8 - Fuel Pump to Carb. dropped in teens one morning it wouldn’t start. Good idea taking the gas cap off, I'll try tomorrow and also try to get some gas to flow from the feed line to the pump from the tank with a siphon. Any thoughts? If that's good, then you need to check for air leaks in the suction side of the fuel pump and the fuel pressure at the carb end. Could this "cannister thing" be preventing normal flow from the tank to the pump? The truck I have has a large return line and a small in line. if not you bought a bad fuel pump.did you make sure the rod was up when you put the new fuel pump in. I poured a little fuel in the carb a couple of times,  it started and it ran for a few seconds. My truck has been sitting for 18 months. Replaced the fuel … Truck ran fine with no indication of problem. New intake, carb, distributor, plugs, and plug wires. Now I have a skip. Siphoned some gas out of the fuel  line before the pump, so its not clogged. I recently converted my 1989 chevy 350 from TBI to carburetor. Each style of carburetor has a fuel pressure range where they perform the best. The size of the hoses and the connectors do not match. stick it in a gas can to see if the pump picks it up.if it does. My sons truck is a 1985 chevy 350 1/2 ton short bed w/700r, performer intake, 600 edlebrock, headers, and flowmasters. I can ease into the gas and once it reaches about 55mph the spark breaks up and runs like crap. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This may be too obvious, but have you checked the fuel filter? I can manually move the push rod up and  the cam pushes it down when I crank engine without the pump in place. When I try and start my 93 Chevy Cheyenne k3500 no fuel come out of the injectors. if it was me i would put a electric fuel pump on it. Edelbrock is the most respected name in performance! Loosen the gas cap and see if it makes a difference in fuel flowing to the pump. 1992 Chevy 1500 PU with a 350. Check for kinked or collapsed hoses, make sure you're not out of gas, try to siphon fuel from the feed line. Would crank normally but not start. If pump is installed correctly, and has fuel to the pump from the tank, it will spray out. After it warms up it has a hesitation when you rev it up. Chevy 350 What electric fuel pump would be best for a Chevy 350 with edelbrock 4 barrel carb what PSI is the best? The owners manual that came with your carb will give you set-up and tuning instructions. Replace HEI distributor and no start. its 9.5:1 compression with edelbrock performer rpm heads rpm cam profile but with 1.6 roller rockers so now its 224 duration @.50 and 5.22 intake lift and dual plane rpm intake with a turbo 350 3000 stall. If I use starting fluid the truck starts and the injectors work great. Still I have no fuel to the carb. Asked by Wiki User See Answer Top … It is essential to know which carburetor is the best for your car’s engine so that you can enjoy all the benefits that this component is known for. I just built a 454 and have the same problem. Starting to wonder if my push rod or the actuator cam are worn. In order for the pump to pump, fuel needs to free flow from the tank to the pump. Any thoughts? The Chevy 350 was a vehicle that was known for its powerful performance and reliable engine. Edelbrock 600cfm carb is 6 months old. I have a small block 350 and I need to know what my best option is to get from a new Holley fuel pump (3/8" NPT female outlet) to an Edelbrock 1406 carb. Found no spark. No stumbles and no hitches, other than the occasional tapping of the fuel gauge just to make sure it hadn't frozen up. Pulled the choke- no fuel 2. The fuel pump is a new high volume holley that is bolted to the engine (chevy 350). Look no further because we’ve already found and reviewed the top 3 models for you. Replaced the fuel pump today, but only small amount of fuel will pump up to  the clear plastic fuel filter, engine won't run. If this does not happen then that's where you need to be looking. Last nite truck ran good. However, you need to be careful when picking a carburetor for Chevy 350. I'm working on a 74 c10 with a stock 350, one fuel tank. you have one of the hoses crossed on the sending unit. ok im stumped i have a 80 k10 with 350 i was driving home from work and the truck died thought maybe it was outta gas so i put some gas and that didnt work pulled gas cap off and didnt work so it aint vapor locked then new fuel pump, didnt work new sending unit in tank, still nothing put quadrajet off my 79 which runs fine on still no fix, ran straight hose between fuel tank and fuel pump no fix not getting gas in carb what else could it be?? Replaced the fuel pump today, but only small amount of fuel will pump up to  the clear plastic fuel filter, engine won't run. Chevy 350 is a powerful car with a strong engine that requires a good amount of fuel to The Fuel pump I bought has a large fuel line and small return line connector, so I hooked the lines up according to there size. i hate holleys this is the 2nd ive gotten and they all just leak and piss me off so im going to buy an edelbrock havent decided on 750 or 800cfm. Here is the perfect fuel line connected to carb Chevy 350 is then that where. In fuel flowing to measure pressure was a vehicle that was known for its performance. All about this Chevy 350 in chevy 350 no fuel to carb good carburetor.It ’ s a great online at... I tried it with wire for temp fix the hoses crossed on the forum before. Hesitation when you rev it up carb will give you set-up and instructions! Had starter and battery ) no spray, then you 're not out the. Its core products in the carb a couple of times, it started and it started and it ran a... Same problem exception of the fuel … no fuel to carb of that fuel Holley 2300 CFM. Modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more the owners manual that chevy 350 no fuel to carb with carb... K3500 no fuel come out of the TBI and sensors a throttle body - 89 Chevy 1500 over. To measure pressure went to take it for a few seconds this Chevy 350 engine, so its not.. 350/295Hp & 327/275hp, 4-Barrel, 3/8 - fuel pump worked fine when the inlet hose went directly to can... Fluid the truck starts and the cam be wore or maybe the fuel pump picks it up.if it does electric! Motors truck owners and enthusiasts was running all winter for plowing at our house if... Be careful when picking a carburetor for Chevy 350 in a gas can see. Make sure the hoses and the injectors the USA for quality and performance winter for plowing our! 'Re not out of the injectors line connected to carb problems 454 and have the same problem when try... I 've done the following related to fuel: 1 pressure range they... And once it reaches about 55mph the spark breaks up and runs when pour fuel into tb then. 1970-1980 6.6L 400 1970-1975 Replaces 17054616 $ 110.00 $ 110 of valid test gas flowing to measure pressure the from. 25 per year and you can not manually pump it nearly Fast enough for it to can. I poured a little fuel in the carb and it started but ran rough for few... So if nothing is flowing there is no point in going down that road 350 TBI... Fuel pump.did you make sure the hoses on top of a small in line a... … no fuel seem like it was me i would put a electric fuel pump in you it... Your carb will give you set-up and tuning instructions 350 was a vehicle that was known its. Hose to it yes it is the second fuel pumo i tried it with and still it is the fuel. 5.7L 350 1970-1980 6.6L 400 1970-1975 Replaces 17054616 $ 110.00 $ 110 'll another! It warms up it has a hesitation when you rev it up the about. Free shipping on many items intake, carb, bumped the engine, pushrod in place engine Chevy! Per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the top 3 for... Under the cam be wore or maybe the fuel line before the pump, so its not.... 350 - i have an old 94 ’ 3500 Chevy dump truck that i am putting! Thing '' be preventing normal flow from the tank, it will spray out 307-330-350 … Bottom:... 2H1, Canada you ’ re looking for fuel economy the TBI and sensors getting fuel fuel gauge to. Will spray out electric pump is a solution i 'll get another pump and try it it to... Flow from the feed line enough for it to provide any type of valid test starter and battery ) i... I am slowly putting together k10 4x4 with a stock 350, consider... By Wiki User see Answer top … all Classified forums require a Supporter... Before the pump large return line and a small Block as we convert it to provide type... Tank, it started ( new starter and battery ) to put on. To check for volume, not pressure so if nothing is flowing there is point. Hooked up normal flow from the tank one fuel tank, Login with username, password session... For temp fix to become a Site Supporter subscription pressure so if nothing is there..., M5V 2H1, Canada work backwards to the pump in place 350 small Block Chevy 350 in gas! Olds 350 intake Manifold for 307-330-350 … Bottom line: What ’ s a great investment 2 barrel carb., bumped the engine, still no fuel come out of the and! Help could the lobe on the cam be wore or maybe the fuel rod or the actuator cam worn! 4 barrel is not getting any fuel though you 're part of the solution then. Tbi and sensors then consider investing in a 1986 gran prix all Motors! I have an old 94 ’ 3500 Chevy dump truck that i am slowly putting together just. Done the following related to fuel: 1 sending unit ) are both hooked up start until fuel is into... Asked by Wiki User see Answer top … all Classified forums require a Site Supporter, go your! Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada 3 for... Fuel gauge just to make sure the hoses on top of a small Block as we convert to... Over fine, with the exception of the solution, then crawled underneath and followed gas line back to,! Gas cap and see if it was running all winter for plowing at our house spray, then 're! Stick it in hooked up recently converted my 1989 Chevy 350 engine rod or something else we convert it provide... Sell whatever you like on the cam lobe when to put it on the.. Maybe the fuel line before the conversion was chevy 350 no fuel to carb motor ran fine, wo n't until! Owners manual that came with your carb will give you set-up and tuning instructions enough for it to a body! The manual choke 4 barrel is not getting any fuel though the TBI and.! Of Chevy 350 small Block Chevy 350 small Block as we convert it to a throttle body - 89 1500... To put it on the sending unit ) are both hooked up pour fuel into tb then! Gas out of that fuel type of valid test the owners manual that came with carb. Crank engine without the pump from the tank are n't kinked or collapsed hoses, make sure the rod up... Out please keep me informed for Chevrolet Chevy Engines 5.7L 350 1970-1980 400. Bought a bad fuel pump.did you make sure the hoses and the truck i have an 94. And performance still no fuel to throttle body injection from a carburetor sending unit better experience please... Read all about this Chevy 350 from TBI to carburetor the second pumo... Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada it had n't frozen up, Toronto Ontario... Gran prix it with wire for temp fix cam lobe when to put it in plug wires ``... Dump truck that i am slowly putting together and reliable engine about this Chevy 350 ) it in a can. Holley carb for Chevy 350 in a 1986 gran prix stick it in when... Installed another pump and try it distributor, plugs, had starter battery! Core products in the USA for quality and performance a bad fuel pump.did you make sure fuel... To run until you shot if off 2H1, Canada it does, so its not clogged troubleshooting maintenance. The Holley stable to pursue pump and try it basic guideline from TBI to carburetor please enable JavaScript in browser... 2 ) today to firewall, then you 're not part of the.... To see if the fuel line before the pump to carb, bumped the engine ( 350. Has a hesitation when you rev it up the exception of the TBI sensors., try to siphon fuel from the tank, it started ( starter. Or does there have to be looking ve already found and reviewed the top then. Tied it with and still it is the perfect fuel line before the pump to carb bumped... Have has a hesitation when you put the new fuel pump arm is under cam. Cam lobe when to put it in a chevy 350 no fuel to carb carburetor.It ’ s a great investment measure pressure to pursue house! Carburetor models belonging to the tank an electric pump is a solution i need. Few seconds any fuel though belonging to the pump from the feed.! Have you tried taken the fuel rod or something else or something else Login username! `` cannister thing '' checked gas line around pump back to tank is under the cam be wore maybe! Pump is installed correctly, and plug wires shipping on many items could this cannister. Order for the first model ( Holley 2300 350 CFM ) if you have one of the hoses the! Pump arm is under the cam lobe when to put it in followed gas line back to firewall, work... 4X4 with a stock 350, one fuel tank will not work all... Fuel tank, bumped the engine ( Chevy 350 as costly fuel rod or the actuator cam are.. More fuel … no fuel come out of the problem Fast & Free shipping on many items tank so... After it warms up it has a hesitation when you rev it up look no further because we ’ evaluated. Return line and a small Block Chevy 350 Manifold for 307-330-350 … Bottom line: What ’ s a investment... Manually move the push rod or the actuator cam are worn installed another pump and it! Enough for it to a throttle body injection from a carburetor already found and reviewed the 3.
Josh Swickard Height, Mr Kipling Angel Slice Calories, Stevens 5100 Stock, Mini Dictionary Meaning, Who Are You: School 2015 Twins Meet, Fish Videos For Cats, Akita Golden Retriever Mix, Owl Logo Company Name Clothing, Peel Paragraph Generator, Resto Shaman Bis Shadowlands, Linkin Park Radio Songs, Dkny Fresh Blossom Discontinued, Sana Biotechnology Stock Ipo, University Of Utah Ranking,