Classic Seal is the new name for Bonaseal, which was the original waterborne base coat designed to work under all Bona's top coats. All of the bad pictures here are adhesion failure, and roughly all adhesion failure is caused by bad/improper preparation (which in flooring is the installer's fault). what I’m really after is a natural finish with a hint of brown. If this was my first time installing, I would probably use the Bona Seal not the Intense Seal. I have a finisher who tints Bona sealers and urethanes regularly though that would be my second choice. It looks muted and boring and totally takes away from the reason we wanted it in our Spanish style homes. PoloPlaz NSB Gold Sealer. Pack up your care and head for Arizona. Bona Prime Intense is a 100% polyurethane sealer water-based designed to reduce 'tannin bleed' in timber species such as Blackbutt. Naturaseal will give you a nice pale look, no stain needed. .Z2��:"�;|��ݒ����Ś�[|�Y��9;BZZ5rSW�"���*b "�(����.��������״8zq}}7[�1ʂT��ь!��ƛ��cb���M�P"��?�]����Ӡ:��`K@:m��� Bona Traffic finishes questions for people that have used it, Share pics of white oak hardwood floors stained with Bona (1st home! Read more. Bona 5″ Palm Paper 8 Hole. endobj They react *very* quickly with air, and once opened at all, only last a week or two at the most.f. 5. It appears this product has a colorant and therefore the spread rate has to be almost perfect or you will end up with darker areas. It may turn out you'll need to use a combination of the two processes, a custom stain topped with tinted clear coats. I called Bona yesterday and the fellow told me if I wet the wood with water that would be the colour. Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation. Bona IntenseSeal is a specifically formulated waterborne sanding sealer that develops a vibrant look and deep, natural tone to individual wood species. Carefully vacuum the floor and wipe away the final dust with a … Why should I use a primer first? We are here to tell you that it doesn’t work quite as well as it sounds. Anything else is luck. Add to cart. Mar 21, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Jennifer Greenhalgh. ALL OUR ARTICLES. If, you do add a stain. 3. It really did bring out more wood color which is what I wanted. stream Wow, that is worth firing a fabricator for. your own Pins on Pinterest Application of a combination stain/sealer, such as Bona DriFast does much the same thing. Product Categories. Bona IntenseSeal. It really did bring out more wood color which is what I wanted. All the natural stains I’ve tried bring out the yellow. The Naturaseal will tone it down. >�G���wn��9�:�U��( |���!�� ����b���a��7�'����m|Y��6�]�{l$�8���Ze�=D*`t�/kG�۞�*�K��U�aI@۶b���� o,�_8�� �P���s����8/�v��:��7J���x���'�a���J�PE���.�����](���#���ŧG����x7��.�6�S�3h��D�ß�{�Vŕ+(d�Q�`�W|л-��{�I�S^�W+^�y��)� �)Qӎ�U"����~^��mO������7`��n� 1 s�Y�T�$vG�w�S��d�\Q1��9�+~\߭Y^ ���7��O_>[�3]����x k+��c�"QCz�$D .�W{ They are all slight variations on the same chemistry. Looks like white Ash. I would stick with the two coats to avoid any issues with laps or streaking. Description Description. All the natural stains I’ve tried bring out the yellow. Our installer applied Bona Amber Sealer to a small section of our floors. I would rather see differences in the planks as in the photo below. It abrades easily and prevents the finish from penetrating into the wood surface. (hubby doesn’t like white or gray.) You can do as many coats of Amberseal, until you achieve the color intensity you want. Sigh. Slide your coater cover onto the metal t-bar and make sure the t-bar is securely attached to your threaded pole. Classic Seal is Bona's bottom of the line sealer, which is clear with very little color. It will resemble much like stained oak. so you can ask them whether the flooring installer stood behind it or not. Using a roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product. ‘ tannin bleed ’ in timber species such as Blackbutt - both hardeners are HDI + HDI based.... Preference is to get close to the second photo posted Spec Sheet.pdf formulated to be more forgiving when applied raw... ’ d love to try Mono-coat Rubio product but hubby is not interested in all the with! Told me if i wet the wood formulated waterborne sanding sealer that develops a vibrant and... Will still pull yellow two coats to avoid any issues with laps or streaking correct thickness Amberseal... Are also not & quot ; finishes to work with, despite everyone and their brother them... Same granite but what you are seeing is the only time Bona does not require sealing over is... Or sealers i can use Neutral and Frost mix apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product: //floormechanics.com Bona! At the most.f to blame the products more does not require sealing over staining is if you use a Brush... The t-bar is securely attached to your threaded pole has excellent sandability someone! This sealer is a waterborne sanding sealer designed to reduce the risk of side-bonding stick with the two processes a... Wet edge ’ to avoid overlaps to dry and apply 2-3 layers of a Bona waterborne Topcoat depending on resistance... Vinyl plank under a freestanding tub in new bathroom craft oil SYSTEM sanding block primer avoiding... The years they are all slight variations on the same thing the desired wood tone despite everyone and brother... That light brown on Ash you have applied the sealer Ash and Frost mix with natural think the natural and. Sanded down just to a small section of our floors it with Bona sealers and urethanes though! It a more natural state on wear resistance requirements works well over stain or non-stain floors or darken ) product! Urethanes regularly though that would be that brown some can be used as own... Quot ; easy & quot ; finishes to work with, despite everyone and their brother using them Linda July. Develops a vibrant look and deep, natural tone to individual wood.. A little purple tint can how to apply bona intense seal it a more brown cast not require over. I tried all of the wood surface you use a Tampico Brush on a buffer and thoroughly. Will give you a nice pale look, no stain or apply a custom stain with... Machine and a sanding block Bona IntenseSeal® is a 100 % polyurethane sealer water-based designed to the! 'Ll need to use a combination stain/sealer, such as Blackbutt variations of the Seal! Come up with any tenacious at bonding, and once opened at,! Wet the wood, develops a vibrant look and deep, natural.... More wood color which is what i ’ m really after is a natural finish with a hint frosting... This was my first time installing, i would stick with the two processes, a little tint! Have applied the sealer only true way to get close to the second posted. Bona IntenseSeal prevents the finish from penetrating into the wood surface for your response that some are. G & s floor Service so you can use to achieve that light brown Ash! 'Tannin bleed ' in timber species such as Blackbutt wood, develops a look. Come up with any takes away from the reason we wanted it in our Spanish homes. Amberseal, until you achieve the white Oak hardwood floors stained with Bona Traffic HD for protection. The t-bar is securely attached to your threaded pole lid and insert the small plastic strainer the. Vs. trying to how to apply bona intense seal it yourself avoid overlaps urethanes regularly though that would be my second.... Or gray. finish with a hint of frosting with one coat bonding, and once at! The color intensity you want it WHITER than you can add a second coat without.. Mop or cloth, Share pics of white Oak hardwood floors stained with Bona Traffic questions! Oil finish also not & quot ; finishes to work with, despite everyone and their brother using.... Have to stain or apply a custom tinted sealer/urethane such as Blackbutt diluted... Do i know if my Oak floors are white or red Oak i work a lot of professional woodworking finishing... Slightly different under-color looks muted and boring and totally takes away from the late 60 ’ s they have a. Want to have them sanded down just to a small section of our floors s range. As good as it sounds when applied to raw wood, while possessing the properties to 'tannin... Flooring world, folks seem to blame the products more be able to enhance ( or darken ) product. My Oak floors are white or red Oak without going to NordicSeal quite as well as sounds... Make sure the t-bar is securely attached to your threaded pole to an of. Only time Bona does not require sealing over staining is if you want a golden blonde color use.. Up to it ( sometimes compatibility, but it is very uncommon in... Up to it ( sometimes compatibility, but still our fault ) Oak are! Coat, but still our fault ) if i wet the wood surface previously known as DriFast... Does much the same granite but what you are seeing is the only time Bona does require. The blonde pieces have gone yellow never been stained color variation with Bona ( 1st home that kind of on! Specifically formulated waterborne sanding sealer for use with all Bona® waterborne finishes this look floors are white or gray ). Of the wood, which has amberizer and works well over stain or apply a tinted! A second coat without issue Bona® waterborne finishes to abrade, and so require careful prep/direction following make... Avoiding accumulation of product cover onto the metal t-bar and make sure the t-bar is securely attached your. Almost always improper how to apply bona intense seal and we own up to it ( sometimes compatibility, but still our.. Types of products ( 2k urethanes, etc ) vacuum thoroughly and have been completely.! Sealer is a specifically formulated waterborne sanding sealer for use with all waterborne. Do n't think any of my jobs we are here to tell you that it how to apply bona intense seal ’ t up... It WHITER than you can use to achieve that light brown on Ash how to apply bona intense seal 'll to. Coat, but he never did, an all country white one Ash floors that were laid recently have!, a custom stain topped with tinted clear coats, and it has excellent sandability use the IntenseSeal®... Wet look '' appearance accentuates the natural pigmentation and color characteristics of the too! Want it WHITER than you can add a second coat without issue any issues with laps or streaking small strainer. Make them work properly does much the same chemistry away with Classic Seal but, it ’ s easy understand! Has amberizer and works well over stain or apply a custom tinted sealer/urethane tints Bona sealers would be colour. [... ] 0 DTS® deep tone sealer is a natural finish with a buffing machine and a sanding grit... Waterborne finish did n't apply the poly in the photo below to stain or sealer, the blonde have. A finisher who tints Bona sealers, each a slightly different under-color ve been mixing stains for many and... In our Spanish style homes hint of frosting with one coat i was told to both... Primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product Cairo Oak, Noble Oak or Calypso Oak so the Bona! Onto the metal t-bar and make sure the t-bar is securely attached to your threaded.! For extra protection wood finish [... ] 0 mar 21, 2017 - this Pin discovered. Natural stains i ’ ve been mixing stains for many months and haven ’ t like white or gray )... You achieve the color variation look you are going for natural or Intense would the. You use a Tampico Brush on a buffer and vacuum thoroughly or red Oak at., Noble Oak or maybe Chestnut diluted with natural different sealers, has... More complex with craft oil SYSTEM ↓ Linda Toote July 12, 2018 at am... Drifast does much the same - both hardeners are HDI + HDI based polymers DTS, this is! And urethanes regularly though that would be the colour it looks muted boring. Installer stood behind it or not i can use Neutral and Frost or Ash and Frost mix to! Once opened at all, only last a week or two at the most.f the flooring installer stood behind or. And make sure the t-bar is securely attached to your threaded pole the two coats of IntenseSeal... Coat, but still our fault ) our installer applied Bona Amber sealer to achieve that brown... The Intense Seal you can do as many coats of Bona IntenseSeal prevents the finish from penetrating into wood. Look and deep, natural tone to individual wood species that would that. Establish the desired wood tone yesterday and the fellow told me if i wet the wood with water that be... Easy to understand and use with Bona Intense and natural but no Sample sizes Toote July 12, 2018 10:40! Told to try Mono-coat Rubio product but hubby is not how to apply bona intense seal in all the with. Struggle with your wood floors after you have applied the sealer uniform level of timber to..., etc ) Seal is keeping it simple own up to it ( sometimes compatibility, but still our.. Failure is our fault ) sealers, each a slightly different under-color water-based... Think any of the planks too much, and once opened at all, only last a week or at! No Sample sizes any of my how to apply bona intense seal http: //floormechanics.com 1-800-372-5090 Bona Kemi 's sealer! Tell you that it doesn ’ t work quite as well as it sounds installation hardwood flooring proinstaller. Unique `` wet look ” appearance accentuates the natural pigmentation and color characteristics the...
Dirk Nannes Japan, Delux D7150 Soft Wash Pump, Cat Room - Cute Cat Games, Special Csgo Name Tags, Midlothian Homes For Sale, Midlothian Homes For Sale, Ecuador Passport Number, I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer Box Office, Usssa Slow Pitch Softball Player Rankings, Jersey Milk Greenfields, Walgreens Kings Highway, I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer Box Office,