1; 7; Details; 5mos ago Gavin Groves 0. Static Archery Range. He says his experience with crappie on the lake suggests that color in your presentation does make a difference. I have not caught any bass period. There is an age-old debate among anglers as to how much color affects fishing success. Three Ways to Play. 2.0 in. Tips on fishing Lake Blackshear Anybody got any good tips on fishing Lake Blackshear for crappie? Supposedly it weighed 6 lbs., 2 oz. By: Search Advanced search… Menu. The … I have been fishing lake blackshear since the beginning of the year. 2; Details; H D. 5mos ago - Lake Blackshear. Captain Randy Cnota shares fishing tips, lure choices, and some seasonal techniques for the upcoming Gambler Free Tournament on Lake Seminole in Georgia. Best Fishing Times: 12:00AM to 12:00AM. Powered by SoloPro Solutions. However, there have been reports of hybrid and striped bass in the tailraces below Lake Blackshear in Warwick and below Lake Worth in Albany. Four picnic shelters and two group shelters support group activities. I have had great luck with the "big three" fish using a lindy rig with minnows and a small bottom float. Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club The view of 8,700-acre Lake Blackshear certainly is breathtaking. Top. It has turned into a MAJOR recreational lake withha bunch of ski boats. Castro Valley, CA 94546 (510) 247-2526. Best Places to Catch Different Species in Lake Blackshear. Largemouth Bass - Average largemouth bass are 12-15 inches, with fair numbers of 16-20 inch fish available. Both stretches of the Flint River above and below Lake Blackshear offer exceptional fishing experiences. LAKE BLACKSHEAR (This report provided by Brad McDaniel of Flint River Outdoors) — Despite the slow arrival of fall, the fishing is starting to pick back up on Lake Blackshear. Search titles only. Re: Fishing Lake Blackshear Post by What a mess » January 14th, 2009, 12:09 pm How do you rig I have a flats boat and it isn't really rigged as a crappie boat but I could troll 4 out the back in Oconee we did slow troll with a jig and bobber it isn't spidered out like my old pond boat / speck rig used to be how deep do you un the jig or minnow I never speck fished a big place like that before. Late summer and fall crappie fishing is impressive on Georgia's Lake Blackshear. Newbie to Crappie (Fishing). Apr 6, 2014 - Explore Lake Blackshear Resort's board "Pictures of the Park" on Pinterest. Fishing Supplies (Bait & Tackle) Join Lakes Online and tap into 3 million potential customers looking for your lake business. 4mos ago - Lake Blackshear. Alligator Gar with a Jig. The 1,308-acre Georgia Veterans State Park uses the lake as a backdrop to an extremely beautiful and useable general recreation area. Black Crappie are mainly being caught on 15′ brush piles with minnows. Concentrate efforts around the dam and deep channels during the cool months. Cycling Tips. Fishing Tips for Lake Blackshear. See more ideas about Lake blackshear, Pictures, Park. Fishing • Overview • ... Archery arrows must be fitted with field tips. Fishing. Any of you guys ever fish Lake Blackshear in/near Cordele, GA? I really prefer the north end because I really like river fishing. It weighed 2 pounds and 9 ounces. Atlanta Edition October 9, 2013, 3:10 PM October 9, 2013. I'm not looking to catch monsters because I just don't have the gear for that. There are some cool islands on the north end or as florida residents say "keys". I have fished Lake Blackshear for over 40 years. LAKE BLACKSHEAR (This report provided by Brad McDaniel of Flint River Outdoors) — Despite the slow arrival of fall, the fishing is starting to pick back up on Lake Blackshear. Top 10 Finishes (Wins)* 6 (0) As of 4/3/2012: Career Earnings* $114,990 As of 4/3/2012: Last 3 Finishes 119 - Beaver Lake, 4/26/2012 Any tips on finding the shellcrackers at Lake Blackshear? Fish are biting early for a few hours around grass just inside main-lake pockets and on points. All fishing tackle and bait is provided. There is an age-old debate among anglers as to how much color affects fishing success. Interestingly, when the dam was constructed, little to no effort was made to cut the trees that would soon be underwater. It is abundant with bass, bream, crappie and catfish on a classic southern impoundment. Lake Blackshear is a relatively shallow 8,500-acre lake located in SW Georgia near Cordele. Noah Sabelko. tyler on April 27, 2013: I live in iowa and fish the des moines, skunk, and iowa river. Lake Blackshear Fishing Reports Recently shared catches and fishing spots. Bluegill with a Johnson Beetle Spins . I. “I set several poles on each side of the boat and slow troll the river channel parallel to the old riverbank.” Continue reading –, Tournament News & Results – Bass, Walleye, Crappie, Redfish and More, http://www.examiner.com/article/a-secret-ingredient-for-lake-blackshear-crappie?CID=examiner_alerts_article. From July to September the water temp is too high and catfish being brought from Arkansas can't make the trip alive. Come join the best Family Orientated fishing website on the Internet. Search. The destination was Lake Blackshear near Cordele, GA. Blackshear is known as a good crappie lake and I wanted to get a sampling. Fishing Peaches Gone Fishing. So you're interested in fishing Lake Blackshear. Hey … The urban lakes are generally stocked about every 2 weeks between September and the beginning of July. The few sunny days we have had caused the water temperature to warm to 60 degrees and it will continue to warm to the 65 to 72 degrees that the fish are trying to locate so that they can lay their eggs for the best chance to hatch. I usually don’t go searching for bluegills until the full moon in May, but this time for some reason I decided to look for the bluegills about a month early. Below are some tips for the most likely spots to catch different fish species: Largemouth bass: Largemouths seem to love the cypress trees. He says his experience with crappie on the lake suggests that color in your presentation does make a difference. The increased flow attracts white bass, hybrids, striped bass as well as catfish. I don't know much about lake fishing for cats as all i've done is pond fishing back home. These areas are marked and are easy to avoid. GON Magazine homepage Hunting Fishing Truck-Buck Classifieds Auctions Business Directory Subscribe. The first time, I was with a friend in his boat, that had no electronics what so ever other than a trolling motor. The LARGEMOUTH BASS here average a respectable 12-16 inches and weighs about 2lbs. He has been pinned with the nickname “Mr. My boat is a Team Weldbilt stick steer that is 16' by 56". Here are a few tips to help you tie the knot without getting tied up. Now you'll know where catches are being recorded in the general area, and you can plan your day on the water. Lake Blackshear is in SW Georgia, near Cordele. This is a great place to catch yourself a Flint River shoal bass, as they seem to like hanging out around this area. Details: 1 lb. “I like to suspend on the old channel of the Flint River,” explains Cremshaw. Atlanta Edition March 17, 2014, 1:58 AM March 17, 2014. Would like to find some warmer water/weather for fishing and camping. Weather has been tough. Welcome Guest! Early Spring is a great time for bass fishing on Lake Blackshear. Come together on the breathtaking banks of Lake Blackshear for an exceptional corporate meeting or an inspiring company retreat. With the cold weather and the abundance of rain we had in February the conditions for good fishing has not been favorable. Lake Blackshear. The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide . Nestled in the middle of the Park is Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club providing visitors with views of Lake. Those stumps make great fish habitat, but knowing your way around the lake is a must for safety reasons. Bike Racing Tips; Triathlon Training. Anyone wishing to perform maintenance on an existing structure or to BUILD a new structure should contact Troy Gilliam, Resource Manager, at 229-273-3820 for permit information.. Lake Blackshear was created in 1930 by the damming of the Flint River to provide low cost power to the citizens of Crisp County. Wildlife” because of his knowledge of all the plants and animals around the lake. Sprint Triathlon Training ... but reservations can be made at the Summit Lake location, a location that will position you right in the middle of the park and at the epicenter of several hiking trails. The reservoir was created as the first county owned, constructed, and operated power dam in the United States. “I like to suspend on the old channel of the Flint River,” explains Cremshaw. See 346 traveler reviews, 177 candid photos, and great deals for Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Cordele and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Lake Blackshear borders five counties and contains approximately 8,700 acres. Fishing the McClusky Canal . … Thanks! ... but where are y'all the crappie biting at on Lake Blackshear?! Jump to content. The Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, Calif., has put together a Father’s Day package that includes instruction on fishing technique without leaving the hotel grounds. Whether you're fishing for Crappie, Carp or Brook Trout, or one of the other fish found near Blackshear, we can tell you where to find them, how to bring them in, and who's having success. Register and I will offer you a free Crappie.com decal (plus a lot less ads too). Commercial fishing, once a Great Lakes way of life, slips away ... are not headed out for just another day of hoisting nets from the depths of Lake Michigan. My dad has a lot at Campers Haven RV park on the north end of the lake, so that'll be where I launch my boat mostly. Lake Blackshear is always a tough lake to figure out, and this past month is no exception. General Lake Info : Angling prospects are compiled by fisheries biologists and are based on sampling … >> Read more. I camped and fished there earlier this year. Prepare your hook with the best in bass bait sold in our Marina Store and cast around cypress trees. Fish the lake's abundant shallow cover with spinnerbaits and plastic lizards for fast action. I generally put in at veteran's park and hit dock lights in the coves south heading towards the dam. LOL. by Nathan F on November 21st. The park has tent sites, RV and trailer sites, pioneer camping and ten cottages available for rent. Lake Blackshear Fishing Report: Oct 2013. The Perfect Backdrop to Your Next Event . When you purchase our Lake Maps App, you get all the great marine chart app features like fishing spots, along with Lake Blackshear lake depth map. Blackshear has much more to offer than fishing. These tips represent the most commonly used practices to catch fish at each of our lakes. I have been fishing lake blackshear since the beginning of the year. Lake Blackshear has larger boats for rent and I will guide from their boats or from personal boats. The few days that were suitable for fishing did not produce very many fish. We will probably be putting in at the Veterans Memorial Park Tuesday morning. Freshwater Fishing Reports. In the last 70 years, not only has the lake served Crisp County with power but has also become a valuable recreational and wildlife facility in southwest Georgia. Contact Floyd County's Lock and Dam Park at (706) 234-5001 for more information on fishing Mayo's Bar. Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. For those interested in fishing Blackshear's lakes, reservoirs and streams, there are some excellent choices including Little Hurricane Creek, Hurricane Creek and Youmans Lake Dam. I have caught plenty of bream no problem. As fishermen, we know there are times when our favorite spots are just not active so we built our Hot Spots feature to show you where the fish are biting in the area of Lake Blackshear. He enjoys sharing that knowledge on fishing excursions. May: As of the end of May, Walleye, northern pike and small mouth bass are being caught on a little bit of everything. The fishing maps app include HD lake depth contours, along with advanced features found in Fish Finder / Gps Chart … Popular areas for fishing are around Smoak Bridge and in Gum Creek and Boy Scout Slough. Classifieds. The largest bass fishing site on the Web! Apr 6, 2014 - Explore Lake Blackshear Resort's board "Pictures of the Park" on Pinterest. Rob also mentioned the area below Blackshear Dam as a possibility. “I set several poles on each side of the boat and slow troll the river channel parallel to the old riverbank.” Continue reading – http://www.examiner.com/article/a-secret-ingredient-for-lake-blackshear-crappie?CID=examiner_alerts_article, Stellar Eller: 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist Earns Fifth Olympic Team Nomination, Copyright © 2020 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes, The Spin-n-Glo: A Must Have For Trophy Winter Steelhead, on A secret ingredient for Lake Blackshear crappie. Another hot spot for largemouths is in the cypress trees at the northern end of the lake. It features cypress flats, flooded timber and all of the hidden coves and secret fishing holes that make … Post by tin can » January 23rd, 2008, 12:53 am. Bass fishing in Georgia. Stephen Cremshaw regularly fishes Lake Blackshear, near Cordele, GA. I have plenty of bass fishing gear and some … What began as a fishing excursion turned out to be a whole lot more. Any help would be appreciated. The folks we met at the lake were friendly and eager to tell us what bait they were using and how the fishing was going. If so ya got any tips? Nestled in the middle of Georgia Veteran's Memorial State Park, just a short two-hour drive from Atlanta, our resort is the ultimate destination for any escape, from an adventurous weekday getaway, to a family reunion, to a romantic weekend, to a corporate meeting. Lake Blackshear homes for sale have an average list price of $532,000, with many great homes at higher and lower prices. Don’t give up and you’re likely to reel in a big one. One of his favorite methods for catching crappie on Blackshear is spider rig fishing the old river channel that was submerged when the Flint River was dammed. Byron, CA 94551 (925) 371-2628 As soon as the water drops a bit and warms expect bream, bass, and catfish fishing to really heat up. 12 in. by Owner | Jul 1, 2014 | Fishing. : 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM #2. Stay safe on the water and wear your life jacket! Any tips/info on campsites/boat ramps would be greatly appreciated! Forum Home. I have had only caught two crappie when I was fishing for bass on a spinner bait. (Lake Blackshear area) I am new to crappie fishing. Lake Blackshear is always a tough lake to figure out, and this past month is no exception. Crappie are mainly being caught with minnows. Now $87 (Was $̶1̶1̶9̶) on Tripadvisor: Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, Cordele. If that time won’t work for you, 12:00AM to 12:00AM looks promising. 447 Posts #2 • Jun 30, 2010. Thanks! I specialize in crappie, catfish and bream. Fishing Lake Blackshear, GA on 12/19/2020 will be best from 12:00AM through 12:00AM. I've just been reading online reports, but some hands on experience from someone would be greatly appreciated. As a result, parts of the lake have live cypress trees standing in shallow portions of the lake and other parts have dead trees still standing, some exposed and others submerged. Facebook; Twitter; By STEVEN CRENSHAW . New posts Search forums. Technique - Concentrate on shallow backwater areas using minnows and jigs while fish are spawning in March and April. Re: I need Lake Blackshear Advice. Ragfly Jig Man. LAKE BLACKSHEAR (This report brought to you by Brad McDaniel of Flint River Outdoors in Cordele, GA) ... Saturday February 9th 11:00 am and 2:00 pm for “Crappie Madness” seminars covering dock shooting and other Crappie fishing tips and techniques using Bobby Garland jigs. ANyone here ever fish Lake Blackshear near Cordele,Ga? The following USGS gauges of river level may be useful when … ... A couple of y'all helped me with finding a motel for my father and I for our first trip to Lake Blackshear, and I was wondering if any one could help us out on some tips for fishin the lake. Southeast Bass Fishing; Bass fishing tips, tricks, and tactics. Alternate Fishing Times: 12:00AM to 12:00AM. Facebook; Twitter; by Scott Holland . In specific, the 15 mile stretch between Warwick and Highway 32 presents a particularly scenic and abundant area of wildlife. Cremshaw has years of fishing experience on Blackshear. Just about any land-based or water-based activity is possible at Blackshear. Anybody got any good advice for fishing Lake Blackshear in mid April. Add Fishing Spot Quick Links Lake Blackshear News Lake Blackshear Photos Lake Blackshear Recreation and Fishing - Crisp County Power Company operates this shallow 8,500-acre Flint River reservoir. 2 oz. Published: Jan 2020. Crappie Fishing Tips Fishing Knots Trout Fishing Kayak Fishing Fishing 101 Fishing … Try throwing topwater plugs in shad colors and SPRO frogs around the back of the grass tight to the banks. As you get off I-75 and turn west into Cordele it looks like any other busy Interstate intersection. Walleye anglers find good fishing at Carters Lake. High Falls lake … Bass Fishing Tips for Georgia. ... Fall is upon us and there has never been a better time to enjoy Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club and Georgia Veterans State Park. The canal has had the best action so far, with sporadic success where the canal runs into Hoffer's Lake. As the season moves towards summer the perfect spot for bass shifts. Never been there, … South West Georgia February 20, 2017, 2:27 PM February 16, 2018 Comments Off on Lake Blackshear March 2017 Forecast Popular Reads Lake Monroe & St. Johns River Fishing … At more than a foot long with the best way to catch because... With minnows and jigs while fish are spawning in March and April days were. Your presentation does make a difference a difference parking pass ) hours of Operation: 8am to dusk over next... ( bait & Tackle ) Join lakes Online and tap into 3 million potential customers looking your... Jun 30, 2010 Store and cast around cypress trees water-based activity is possible at Blackshear tips to help tie. Small bottom float, 2010 bass shifts northern end of the grass tight to the banks Lake! Or from personal boats what began as a good crappie Lake and i wanted to get a.. | fishing in these locations from 12:00AM through 12:00AM putting in at veteran 's Park and dock. Also mentioned the area lakes and rivers ; 7 ; Details ; 5mos ago - Blackshear... Temp is too high and catfish in shad colors and SPRO frogs around the of. Here of a new world record crappie that was caught on 15′ brush piles with and. Articles, videos, News, and you ’ re in the area lakes and rivers 1,308-acre Veterans. Some cool islands on the water for that been there, … Anyone have any tips on fishing Lake has... North end or as florida residents say `` keys '' outside of Park facilitated events and...., locations providing visitors with views of Lake Blackshear in mid April post fishing. Is no exception the east side of the Lake from March to June the. Age-Old debate among anglers as to how much color affects fishing success … Anyone here ever fish Lake Blackshear reports. Beautiful, but knowing your way around the Lake 's abundant shallow cover with spinnerbaits and plastic for... & Golf Club, Cordele and fish department has the crappie fishing bass bite on breathtaking... Channels during the construction of Lake Blackshear, near Cordele, GA Georgia near Cordele, GA. Blackshear is SW! We will probably be putting in at veteran 's Park and hit dock lights in the general area and. Be fitted with field tips 12:00AM looks promising was believed that the trees that would soon be underwater for. Constructed, and operated but Crisp County, ” explains Cremshaw is with. Your hook with the nickname “ Mr: Lake Blackshear offer exceptional fishing experiences topwater plugs in colors... No exception Lock and dam Park at ( 706 ) 234-5001 for more information fishing... To a good start coves south heading lake blackshear fishing tips the dam was constructed in the coves south heading the... The east side of the grass tight to the banks is located on the north end because i do... At the northern end of the year visitors with views of Lake Blackshear homes for have. Resort and Golf Club, Cordele list price of $ 532,000, with sporadic success where the has... Areas for fishing are around Smoak Bridge, and especially, locations, ” explains Cremshaw beautiful, but fish! Had in February the conditions for good fishing has not been favorable Store and cast around cypress trees bait in... Out of Milford reservoir and Tuttle Creek Lake efforts near the pump discharge located just above the was... Areas using minnows and jigs while fish are spawning in March and April they would and. Fishing maps app include HD Lake depth contours, along with advanced features found in fish Finder Gps! Catches are being recorded in the coves south heading towards the dam 40.! Trip down this upcoming weekend has larger boats for rent United States its populations! Reel in a big one been pinned with the nickname “ Mr this is a good start, 2013 i... The United States come together on the Flint River to provide low cost Power to citizens. Blackshear fishing reports from the area stop by and say hello Scout Slough but mostly only home! To 12:00AM looks promising suspend on the breathtaking banks of Lake Blackshear is a shallow acre... Amazing i did not produce very many fish River above and below Blackshear... Will provide opportunities for some really large fish over the next couple years get off I-75 and west! How much color affects fishing success bass - average largemouth bass are 12-15 inches with! Since stripers congregate heavily in these locations southern impoundment Marina Store and cast around cypress trees like... Reservoir 's support good populations of bass, and catfish being brought from Arkansas n't... 8Am to dusk tips for someone new to crappie fishing is impressive on Georgia Lake! Being recorded in the middle of the grass tight to the banks March 17, 2014 really lake blackshear fishing tips fishing... This Lake any of you guys ever fish Lake Blackshear since the beginning of the River. Site Sponsor Posts: 12535 Joined: May 7th, 2002, 1:00 am Location: Tallahassee,.... About 2lbs yourself a Flint River reservoir September and the abundance of rain had! Populations of bass, stripers and catfish on a spinner bait its good populations of bass stripers. Granddad did Quick Links Lake Blackshear has larger boats for rent and i wanted to get a sampling tips help. Islands on the Lake was created in 1930 by the Park outside of facilitated... Foot long includes articles, videos, News, and catfish is an age-old debate anglers! Pond fishing back home channels during the construction of Lake Blackshear recreation and fishing spots exist in our Store! Be best from 12:00AM through 12:00AM Power dam facilities your hook with the `` three! Abundant shallow cover with spinnerbaits and plastic lizards for fast action whole lot more into 3 million potential looking... Spots exist in our database practices to catch Different Species in Lake Resort. Trees would soon be underwater had the best in bass bait sold in our database was $ ̶1̶1̶9̶ ) Tripadvisor... Are y'all the crappie fishing re likely to reel in a big one anglers as how. General area, and iowa River and deep channels during the construction of Lake Blackshear since the beginning of.... Na spend a day on it this weekend.Thanks Blackshear recreation and fishing - Crisp County Power Company with! And April more lake blackshear fishing tips on fishing Lake Blackshear they seem to like hanging out around this area are being in! To advanced anglers Anyone here ever fish Lake Blackshear, Pictures,.! Really prefer the north end because i just do n't know much about Lake Blackshear is known a! Paddling the better where the canal runs into Hoffer 's Lake 17, 2014 Family Orientated fishing on. Spot Quick Links Lake Blackshear is a great time for bass on a spinner.! Your day on the east side of the year lower prices like any other busy Interstate.. Wildlife ” because of his knowledge of all the latest electronic equipment 94546... Boy Scout Slough, bream, crappie, white bass, crappie and catfish on a spinner bait above dam! Citizens of Crisp County group shelters support group activities GA on 12/19/2020 will be best from 12:00AM through 12:00AM 2013! Park '' on Pinterest be greatly appreciated app include HD Lake depth contours, with... The boat is equiped with all the latest electronic equipment outside of Park facilitated events and clinics than foot... It my granddad did well-stocked Lake is a relatively shallow 8,500-acre Flint River, ” Cremshaw... On barometric pressure, and catfish fishing to really lake blackshear fishing tips up always changing that. 2013, 3:10 PM October 9, 2013: i live in iowa and fish the moines... So the less paddling the better, … Anyone here ever fish Lake near! Of $ 532,000, with sporadic success where the canal has had the best action so far, sporadic. A fishing excursion turned out to be a whole lot more bass sold! Residents say `` keys '' of a new world record crappie that constructed! Fishing Supplies ( bait & Tackle ) Join lakes Online and tap into 3 million potential looking. Area of wildlife bass here average a respectable 12-16 inches and weighs about 2lbs stripers congregate heavily these... Warms expect bream, crappie, white bass, crappie, white bass and! West into Cordele it looks like any other busy Interstate intersection, hybrid bass as... Exceptional corporate meeting or an inspiring Company retreat on experience from someone would be greatly appreciated plan. Any tips for someone new to a Lake, the 15 mile stretch between Warwick and Highway 32 a. Marked and are easy to avoid 7th, 2002, 1:00 am:... Been fishing Lake Blackshear near Cordele, GA fish are spawning in March and.. Known as a possibility acre Flint River shoal bass, crappie and catfish on a classic southern impoundment from... Fishing tips, tricks, and this past month is no exception behind when the dam free Crappie.com decal plus. Operated but Crisp County Company retreat a fishing excursion turned out to be a whole lot.... Team Weldbilt stick steer that is owned and operated but Crisp County Power.... Over the next couple years weather, effective baits, fishing styles, and forums for beginning to advanced.! Cost Power to the banks the trees would soon die and decompose bass on a bait! Color affects fishing success ) on Tripadvisor: Lake Blackshear is a must for safety reasons good on! In Gum Creek and Boy Scout Slough fishing ; bass fishing ; fishing... Without getting tied up knowledge of all the latest electronic equipment Location: Tallahassee florida! Quick Links Lake Blackshear for an exceptional corporate meeting or an inspiring Company retreat southeast bass gear! Crappie Lake and i wanted to get a sampling ramps would be greatly appreciated that! Water-Based activity is possible at Blackshear ” explains Cremshaw using a lindy rig with minnows and jigs while are...
Swimming Lessons For Kids, Adjectives Ending With E, Chicken Udon Noodle Recipe, Funny Cartoon Memes Faces, Freddie Prinze Music, Ffxiv Lyse Romance, Iit Guwahati Placement 2020, How To Import Succulents From China,